Answers to Visitor FAQs:
Admission and tickets:
– Fenimore is open daily from 10am–5pm.
– Tickets are sold at the front desk. (no online tickets)
– Tickets: Adults (13+) $10.00; Children (12 and under) Free
– Everyone must wear a face mask. (age 2 and up)
– Social distancing is required indoors at all times.
– Face masks are required outdoor in areas where social distancing is not possible.
– Hand sanitizing stations are available.
– Protocols are in place to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors.
– The number of visitors is limited inside the museum and galleries. (monitored by security)
– There is no time limit for visitors Inside the Museum.
– The Museum Shop is open during museum hours. (limited access)
– The Fenimore Café is closed, but boxed lunches, drinks and more are available in the Museum Shop.
– Our spacious lake view terrace is open with seating.
Over the past several weeks, Fenimore has implemented a comprehensive safety plan in accordance with guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and New York State. The plans and final preparations were reviewed by a team from Bassett Healthcare to ensure all procedures and safeguards meet or exceed the recommended standards of cleanliness, social distancing and reduced contact for both visitors and staff.
Due to the pandemic, the Museum has rescheduled three of its major exhibitions which will now be presented during the 2021 season. These include Keith Haring: Radiant Vision, Manzanar: The Wartime Photographs of Ansel Adams, and The World of Jan Brett. These exhibitions represented the core of the Museum’s 2020 season and are now expected to draw large numbers to the area next spring and summer. The exact dates of the exhibitions will be released later in the year.