CAPTURING A MASTERPIECE
Photography Contest 2021
Submissions being accepted
September 3 - October 31, 2021
We invite ALL members and visitors to submit their personal photographs of The Farmers’ Museum and Fenimore Art Museum for our Capturing a Masterpiece Photography Contest. We ask that the photographs be taken on-site at the museum between 9/3/21 – 10/31/21 and that they represent your love of the museums. A great opportunity to get outside and enjoy all the beauty that our beloved museums offer while having some FUN being creative, all while socially distancing — and a chance to WIN many fun prizes, too! PLUS, One winning entry from each museum will be displayed during the Museum Members’ Showcase exhibition – the exhibition that celebrates our creative members! Acceptable photos include building exteriors, museum grounds, or our farm animals––no interior pictures at Fenimore Art Museum please. Along with our contest for adults we have a NEW Junior prize for those 17 and under, more info below. Entries may be used by the museums in our social media and advertising*.
The deadline to submit entries is Monday, November 1, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. The WINNERS will be chosen from a panel of judges and will be announced on/by November 8 on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, FenimoreArt.org and FarmersMuseum.org. ONE GRAND PRIZE winner and winners from each museum (2 first, 2 second, and 2 third) will be chosen by the panel of judges. Community members will again vote for ONE “People’s Choice Award.”
Nine prizes will be awarded!
- Grand Prize: A Keith Haring Edition Polaroid Camera and three packs of Color i-Type film also Haring-themed…we think it’s quite cool and are quite sure you will too! Two lovely photography books, “Photography is Magic” by Charlotte Cotton and “Masterclass Arnold Newman” by William A. Ewing. And…you also win a Sustaining Museum Membership…how GRAND!
- First Prize: The FUN continues with Keith Haring FUNKO POPS vinyl figure! Each winner also receives a One-Year Family Museum Membership — good for BOTH museums and MORE!
- Second Prize: More FUN with Carefree Arthur YOU TOOZ vinyl figure and 4 museum admission tickets — Bring your family to the museums!
- Third Prize: A $25.00 gift certificate to our Museum Shops! Our shops are filled with unique treasures, including some great photography related items!
- People’s Choice Award – which is also quite grand: One-Year Sustaining Museum Membership — good for BOTH museums and MORE! 4 museum admission tickets. A photo mug from our Museum Shops…Your Trophy!
- NEW! Junior Entry (for anyone 18 and younger to enter): WINNER receives The Keith Haring Edition Polaroid Camera and three packs of Color i-Type film! Along with a Keith Haring T-shirt and 10 Carousel tokens so you can spin at the Farm with your friends & family!
- Photos will be judged on quality of the image taken, presentation, and the unique perspective of the photograph
- Photos are limited to building exteriors, museum grounds, and farm animals (Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers’ Museum) - no interior photos at Fenimore Art Museum please.
- Submissions are limited to 2 images per contestant
- Entrants must be 18 or older for the main contest / 17 and under for the Junior Prize.
- Upload your image to this site only
- Please do not include any copyrighted material in your submission. Any entries found to contain copyrighted material will be removed.
- Please do not put your name or logo on the actual image.
- If you would like to comment on the submissions, please be respectful and constructive.
How to upload your photos:
It’s easy to upload your photos. First, go to the upload page. You can find a link at the top of the contest’s navigation bar (above) or click here. Then, just add your name, email address, and the other info requested. To upload the photo, click on the “Browse” button and locate the image file on your device. Accept the contest rules and click “Submit Photo.” It’s that easy!
*All contest rules and information subject to change. All entrants must agree that their name (aka Member/visitor name) and images can be displayed and used for Fenimore Art Museum and/or The Farmers' Museum marketing and promotion without charge or copyright infringement, and that the images they upload are acceptable for public view. Photos added may also be displayed on FenimoreArt.org and FarmersMuseum.org and within the galleries, with credit given to the member/visitor. Employees of Fenimore Art Museum are eligible to participate but cannot win the stated prizes – there will be a separate prize for the employee winner (prize TBD).
We look forward to seeing what you capture through your lens in 2021!