Historic Structures - Farm Unit Shed
Farm Unit Shed
Date: 1820 ca.
Origin: Westmoreland, Oneida County, NY
Info: This shed was first built and used as a driveshed for the families attending The First Congregational Church of Westmoreland. It has gone through many changes since becoming part of the Lippitt Farmstead. In its present incarnation it has three open bays with an attached horse stall and tack room. There is a number "7" above the third bay - indicating that it originally had seven bays.
Provenance: The Farmers' Museum acquired the Drive shed from Hampton Lodge #347 F & AM of Westmoreland, Oneida County, NY in 1953.