The New York State Historical Association and The Farmers’ Museum have a full-time, year-round opening for Security/Safety Officer. Security/safety officers monitor and patrol NYSHA and The Farmers’ Museum properties to ensure security and prevent damage to or loss of company and employee property. They also are responsible for the safety of all visitors and staff.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony. Must possess a New York State driver’s license.
- Must possess a New York State Security Guard registration card or a special armed guard registration card or the ability to obtain the above. Training and certification provided.
- Must be able to successfully complete American Red Cross First Aid and CPR courses or equivalent.
- Ability to walk considerable distances in all weather conditions. Third shift requires the ability to patrol outside by walking in dark surroundings using a flashlight.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays and other shifts as assigned.